Monday, September 12, 2011

Our Arizona Trip...March 17th-20th, 2011

March was a fun month. We went to my cousin Trent's sealing in Arizona to his wife Shelby. I got to meet her for the first time and we had a mini family reunion. I got to see family I hadn't seen in forever and some got to meet Penny for the first time! It was so much fun!

The sealing was on the 18th of March in the Mesa, AZ TempleHere is the beautiful temple!

Trent and Shelby! She looked beautiful (and so skinny I was jealous)!

My awesome family. From the left, Kristen (my cousin), Laura (my aunt), Gaylyn (my other aunt), Jana (my cousin) and my dad sticking up in the back!

Penny got to meet Jordan who is Kristen's daughter. She was so fun and playful! Her curly hair is just about the cutest thing you will ever see!

My parents drove from Texas to be there and it was so great to be with them! I love you guys so much!

Penny and her uber studly Dad!

The most adorable baby around!

My mom, Penny, and my grandma.

Penny and her great grandma Estes!

I think my mom loves her granddaughter just a little!

More proof of her love!

Penny and Aunt Laura.

Seriously...could she be any cuter? It was great because I picked out this dress for Penny and it turned out that Shelby had picked orange for her flowers so Penny's dress fit right in. I guess I am clairvoyant!

The proudest mom and her awesome daughter!

After the sealing, we had a little luncheon and it was fun. I am so happy that Trent and Shelby are sealed for all eternity. There is nothing I value more in this life than the knowledge that I have my family forever! Temples are amazing! After the luncheon, we drove to my Aunt Gaylyn's house and stayed a couple of nights there. We went to Tombstone and had a blast hanging out with family. Penny slept horribly during the trip but I still managed to have fun.

A view of the main street of Tombstone, AZ.

Penny was so well behaved during our Tombstone trip. She went for hours just watching the people walk by. She barely made a peep.


We bought tickets to watch a re-creation of the O.K. Corral gunfight. Penny was great all day and then, she decided to pitch the biggest fit, right as the show started. She was so exhausted and she fell asleep in my arms right outside the theater. I missed the whole thing but Penny was such a trooper all day, I couldn't complain.

This is Penny smiling on the ride home. She had massive diarrhea and went through two or three outfits. Something made her sick and the trip home was a bit stressful. Once she got it all out of her system, we did O.K. Our trip took 12 hours. We took my mom home with us and kept her until Easter. We were spoiled. We had a great time sharing a sacred moment with family. It was so fun to spend time with our family. Thanks for all the fun guys!

2 comments:

  1. It was so good to see you guys! It's weird it seems so long ago now...do you have an invite to my blog? email me here: raddonfamily4@gmail.com and send me your email so I can invite you. :0) Love you! And LOVE YOU Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so much fun to be with you guys as well. I look like an idiot behind grandma and penny in that picture, what am I doing? Lol! Hope to see you guys soon. Loves!

    ReplyDelete